11 Key Questions For Negotiation Success
Regardless of whether you are buying or selling or seeking to develop some kind of collaborative joint venture, you will without doubt find yourself in situations, where you will need negotiation skills to succeed in business development.
Here are a few key questions you should be asking yourself before you start the negotiations:
- What can you find out about the people you are negotiating with before the negotiation?
- How would you respond, if you were them?
- How important is this negotiation for them?
- What other possible options might they respond with?
- What are the benefits for them of your specific proposal?
- What is the deal that they will be hoping to do?
- What will make them feel good about the final outcome?
- What reasons might they have for turning you down?
- What questions might they want to ask you?
- What else can you trade in addition to money?
- Have I considered offering odd non round figures?